Monday, April 22, 2013

Manidays: Knackered + Positive Energy


Nicole by OPI Positive Energy ($7 at Walmart) and Butter London Knackered ($17 at the Bay)

Hi guys. Here's another review and a combination I've recently discovered. Today's post features Butter London's Knackered and Nicole by OPI's Positive Energy. Everyone must have a staple silver in their nail polish collection. I remember back when crackle nail polish was an amazing discovery I loved the combo of silver and the black crackle. But recently, there are so many new and different top coats that help enhance your nail colour and that's where I came up with this combo.

Knackered  is a very sheer colour but in the bottle you can see it is a duo chrome colour with hints of blue, grey and sometimes purple with silver shimmer and sparkles. In the bottle it is really beautiful but when applied it is way too sheer. It would take maybe 10 coats to get the colour in the bottle.

I decided to add a base coat that would compliment the colour of this sheer nail polish without taking away all the beauty of this colour. I decided to add a coat of Nicole by OPI's Positive Energy. Metallics are wonderful polishes because they are so pigmented sometimes you only need one coat.


So, to get this nail colour I added the silver as a base coat and added 2 coats of Knackered when completely dried. The colour came out great, on the nail you were able to see all the different colours because the silver compliments all the elements of the nail polish.

This a great nail polish but overpriced at $17 at the Bay for 4 fl. oz or 11ml (but I had a gift card and felt like splurging). Hopefully I can find a dupe with a better opacity but until then this will do.

Let me know in the comments below if you like this polish and your thoughts. What should I do next? I was thinking of posting some of my nail art photos with step by step tutorials.

Until then,
audrey x

No comments:

Post a Comment