Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April Favourites 2013



Another month has flown by and as April comes to an end, I am here with my monthly beauty favourites! I'm just getting back into the routine of things with trying out products and what not but I'm really starting to enjoy the things I love again. So, here are my April Faves!!


Firstly, I have been loving my Smith's Rose Salve in Moka Rose. I am not really a big fan of the scent of the original formula but I've been loving this chocolately-mocha smelling one. It does have a funky scent to it at first but after applying the products you can't smell it at all. I love to use this at night to condition my lips and when I wake up they're soft and smooth. I have a slight obsession with lip products so don't be surprised that I'll have a few favourites every month.


Since we're talking about lips I've been loving the Urban Decay Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Colour in Naked. It's a pinky brown nude colour which I have always been drawn too with my yellow complexion. I am a sucker for all things in jumbo crayon/pencil format so I immediately fell in love with this product. The only downside to this product is that it's not one of those twist up pencils, it has to be sharpened. But, I love Urban Decay products if you're willingly to splurge a little more money on great quality products.


Next favourite I've been loving is this Benefit's Watt's Up highlighting stick. It is a gorgeous champagne colour that reflects the light beautifully when applied. I have the mini sample size from my birthday gift from Sephora. I like to apply this to the tops of my cheeks, down the bridge of my nose, between my brows, Cupid's bow and just a bit on my chin and blended out with my fingers.


Another product I have been loving this month is my Crabtree and Evelyn hand therapy lotion in the Pomegranate, Argan and Grapeseed scent. These hand creams are amazing and leave my hands feeling moisturized with a fresh, fruity scent. I love that it comes in the unique metal packaging. I have to give thanks to my friend, Janelle a.k.a Ellemarkz for giving me this for my birthday!


My next favourites are probably my favourite purchases of the month but they are the Real Techniques brushes by Samantha Chapman. I have been long awaiting their arrival to Canada and thank goodness they have arrived! Thank you Wal-Mart. I love the quality of these brushes, they're really nice and dense but also really soft. The Buffing brush is amazing to use when applying liquid foundation and the Deluxe Crease brush is great at blurring concealer under the eyes and on any blemishes! I suggest these brushes for beginners in make up. You get all the essentials in the kit at a reasonable price for amazing quality brushes.


On the top of brushes, I purchased an Ecotools Bronzer Brush and I love this as well! I've had my eye on this brush for quite a while. I love the big fluffy shape of it to apply my powder mostly. The brush is really sturdy with a very thick handle. Amaaaaazing!


Next favourite is the Katy Perry lashes by Eyelure in Oh, Honey! They are beautiful, full, wispy and natural looking lashes. The band is very thin which make applying it look very natural and not fake like some eyelash bands can come off looking, especially when they are super thick! I love to apply this with Duo Dark Tone glue.


Lastly, the last favourite is a hair product that I've been using for a couple of months and I've actually seen amazing results. It's the Pantene Overnight Miracle Repair Serum. This is a weird product because it's not really a serum but it's almost like a thick gel lotion you run through your hair from the mid-shaft to the ends. It leaves no residue on your hair or on your pillow! I wake up and my hair feels smooth and easier to comb through. How I apply this product is by splitting my hair in the middle and apply 2 pumps of product on each side and then braid it (I always braid my hair to prevent tangling). I wake up and brush through my hair and style it however I want. My hair feels nourished and strong after a month and a half of using it.

So that is all for the month of April! Another month of 2013 down. I can't wait for May and the warmer weather to come through and my first bag from Ipsy to come in the mail. I'll blog soon once I get it!

Until then,
audrey x

No comments:

Post a Comment