Tuesday, April 2, 2013

March Favourites 2013

Hey guys, can you believe March is already done?! We've already gotten to the 4th month of the year, but I simply cannot wait for spring. We've had a very awkward March. Some days were cold, some days were just right here in Canada. But, I hope we get "sweater weather" soon. Those are my most favourite days ahah. Anyways, enough about the weather.


So, here are the things I've been loving in March! I'm getting back in the beauty game and even though my skin hasn't been the greatest I'm sacrificing it to try out new products. So far everything I've used has been great! So, let's get 'er done.

My first beauty favourite of the month has got to be my Maybelline Baby Lips. My lips have been so chapped and in desperate need for moisture and the Baby Lips really do the trick. Smooth, hydrating and very easy to apply. This is a no brainer kind of product. I put it on under lipstick and carry it around in my purse. 
  
(Maybelline Baby Lips in Twinkle Pink and Quenched, $5 each at Shopper's Drug Mart)

Lately I've been loving using powder to fill in my eyebrows, it gives it a very nice and natural effect. I've rediscovered my Urban Decay Brow Box in Brown Sugar for this. I just mix the two shades together to create the perfect brow colour and I use it with my Tokidoki Donutella angled brush, but any angled brush will do. 

(Urban Decay Browbox in Brown Sugar, $35 each at Sephora)

I've always had a weird obsession with concealers in packaging that look like lip gloss. So, the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer was definitely up my alley. I use the shade Medium (which is the darkest they do) and the colour really suits my skin tone perfectly which I find hard to find in most concealers. The coverage is great, buildable and easily blendable. It's a very natural finish when the concealer is set and powdered. I usually go for a very matte finish with my oily skin but this concealer has a very natural finish that doesn't look overly dewy I find flattering on my skin. I have random patches of extremely dry skin and mixed with my moisturizer it covers it up really well without it flaking off. 

(Rimmel London Wake Me Up Concealer in Medium, $8 each at Target)

I've been cheating on my Urban Decay Naked 1 palette with it's sister palette in the Naked Basics. I have been reaching for this makeup palette EVERY DAY. The colours are amazing for an everyday look and what makes it better is that it's all matte. Except Venus which is a gorgeous highlight shade. I won't go too in depth with this palette as everyone and their mother has probably already reviewed it but it's a great beginner's palette for those who are just starting makeup. Or those who like to wear minimal makeup, this palette is for you! 

(Urban Decay Naked Basic palette, $32 at Sephora)

My last favourite is a Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in the colour Exposed. It's a great dusty rose colour that adds the perfect flush of colour to your cheeks. It's been the blusher I've reached for every day for the past month. This colour would complement a lot of skin tones! 

(Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hr Blush in Exposed, $31 each at Sephora)

Skincare wise I've been trying out some stuff but I haven't tried them long enough to give you a full review but when I find a miracle I'll let you know.. haha.

Fashion wise I haven't had any staple pieces that I have that I've been loving so hopefully I'll be able to share something with you next month. I'm on a hunt for an amazing spring statement piece, fingers crossed.

I hope you enjoyed reading what I enjoyed for the month of March. I'd love to read what your favourites products were for March or suggestions on posts or if you just want to say hi.

Until next time,
Audrey x

No comments:

Post a Comment